Big Wet Fish Hosting has been providing web hosting services to clients in over 50 countries for many years. Based in Kilroot Business Park Carrickfergus, we have shown rapid growth in recent years with a growing client base of well known companies choosing us for their cloud hosting solutions. A unique working environment where every staff member plays their part in the success of the business and is afforded the opportunity to progress within the organisation.
Department: Technical Support & Junior System Administrator Location: Kilroot Business Park, Carrickfergus Work Status: Full Time (37.5 hours per week) Availability: Support Team Shift Work 24/7 Holidays: 28 annual days Reporting To: Office Manager / Company Directors Salary: Starting at gov.uk NLW/NMW rates applicable to age of successful candidate
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain stable client base and server environment
- Support for client’s hosting services
- Ability to multi-task and remain focussed while handling different support tasks and roles.
- Troubleshoot support inquires related to HTTP, DNS, MySQL, mail and other system issues
- New Server Builds, Installations and Configuration
- Hardware troubleshooting - RAID etc
- Escalate issues to appropriate departments if needed
- Responsive and adaptive communication with clients and staff
- Server and incident management
- Add resources to internal company knowledge bases
- Consistently arrive on-time and ready to work
Primary Daily Duties:
- Enjoying your job and learning new things daily!
- Troubleshooting client web hosting issues via online support tickets and live chat
- Responding quickly to event notifications (service down / load alerts)
- Telephone Sales support (after training)
- Troubleshooting coding issues with client websites
- Installation and configuration of server side modules
- Web Server Security lockdown and patching
- Linux Scripting and Automation (eg our internal backup scripts etc)
Secondary Daily Duties:
- Writing articles and how-to's for our support helpdesk and tutorial areas, adding system documentation and knowledgebase articles where necessary and as requested.
- Assist other staff members in the research and development of new products and technologies. Other related duties as assigned.
Essential Criteria: As this job requires the candidate to be broadly self supporting we require at least 6 months experience in a similar role and specifically:
- GCSE C or above in English or equivalent Essential Skills Qualification
- Level 3 or higher ICT qualification
- Familiarity with Linux command line
- Experience of using the cPanel control panel
- Excellent phone and communication skills
- WordPress troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of Linux based networking
- Knowledge of LAMP, HTML/PHP, MySQL/MariaDB
- System Administration & Web Infrastructure experience
- DNS setup and troubleshooting experience