Big Wet Fish Hosting has been providing web hosting services to clients in over 50 countries for many years. Based in Kilroot Business Park Carrickfergus, we have shown rapid growth in recent years with a growing client base of well known companies choosing us for their cloud hosting solutions. A unique working environment where every staff member plays their part in the success of the business and is afforded the opportunity to progress within the organisation.
- Department: Technical Support & Junior System Administrator
- Location: Kilroot Business Park, Carrickfergus
- Work Status: 24 hours per week
- Availability: Support Team Shift Work 24/7
- Holidays: 21 annual days (based upon 24 hour working week)
- Reporting To: Office Manager / Company Directors
- Salary: Starting at gov.uk NLW/NMW rates applicable to age of successful candidate
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain stable client base and server environment
- Support for client’s hosting services
- Ability to multi-task and remain focussed while handling different support tasks and roles.
- Troubleshoot support inquires related to HTTP, DNS, MySQL, mail and other system issues
- New Server Builds, Installations and Configuration
- Hardware troubleshooting - RAID etc
- Escalate issues to appropriate departments if needed
- Responsive and adaptive communication with clients and staff
- Server and incident management
- Add resources to internal company knowledge bases
- Consistently arrive on-time and ready to work
Primary Daily Duties:
- Troubleshooting client web hosting issues via online support tickets and live chat
- Responding quickly to event notifications (service down / load alerts)
- Telephone Sales support (after training)
- Troubleshooting coding issues with client websites
- Installation and configuration of server side modules
- Web Server Security lockdown and patching
- Linux Scripting and Automation (eg our internal backup scripts etc)
Secondary Daily Duties:
- Writing articles and how-to's for our support helpdesk and tutorial areas, adding system documentation and knowledgebase articles where necessary and as requested.
- Assist other staff members in the research and development of new products and technologies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- GCSE C or above in English or equivalent Essential Skills Qualification
- GCSE C or above in ICT or equivalent Essential Skills Qualification
- Excellent phone and communication skills
- Knowledge of Linux based networking
- Knowledge of LAMP, HTML/PHP, MySQL/MariaDB
- System Administration & Web Infrastructure experience
- DNS setup and troubleshooting experience
- Familiarity with Linux command line
- Experience of using the cPanel control panel
- Familiarity of troubleshooting WordPress issues
To apply for this job please print and complete the an application form available from here (form has been taken from the Job Centre Website) and return to us before 5pm on Thursday 25th June 2018 to:Big Wet Fish Hosting
Kilroot Business Park
Alternatively if you would like us to post an application form to you please give us a call on 028 9507 2311.
We recommend you call our offices on 028 9507 2311 to confirm your form has been deliveredDownload Application Form